Overview

My study abroad is best described when broken down into three parts. 

  1. Backpacking with a buddy to five different countries. (Ireland, England, Czech Rephublic, German, and Denmark) 
  2. Study Abroad in London (6 hours of classes) 
  3. Backpacking all on foot from one side of England to the other, along Hadrian's Wall

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dublin


Made it to London safely.

The only disappointing thing about Dublin was the overcast weather and the short amount of time we were forced to limit our stay to. Since we were only there one day we pretty much just walked around and so as much as we could before the day ended. We went to several churches, saw Dublin castle, tried local cuisine, and went on a ghost tour. The ghost tour wasn't free but it was well worth the price. The tour was extremely amusing and conducted as if there really were ghosts (of course), but everyone else seemed to believe in them too. And not just "I believe in the possibility of ghosts, it was more like "I am 'sensitive', and I see a ghost over there", or "I am dizzy and/or my feet hurt, so there must be a ghost nearby". My feet hurt too, but I think it was for other reasons. Nevertheless I found the tour very amusing and it did show us some interesting (and also some extremely shady) places in Dublin. I might get more time in Dublin at the end of my trip to visit the places I missed.

I am thoroughly enjoying the accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment